The city government of Vancouver, Canada included in their plans the citywide open data, open standards and open source software for all of its data and information resources. Vancouver was recently named “Best City Archive of the World” , and this move will further create new opportunities for its city.
This new city policy includes the following :
– Identify immediate opportunities to distribute more of its data
– Index, publish and syndicate its data to the internet using prevailing open standards, interfaces and formats
– Develop appropriate agreements to share its data with the Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICIS) and encourage the ICIS to in turn share its data with the public at large
– Develop a plan to digitize and freely distribute suitable archival data to the public
– Ensure that data supplied to the City by third parties (developers, contractors, consultants) are unlicensed, in a prevailing open standard format, and not copyrighted except if otherwise prevented by legal considerations
– License any software applications developed by the City of Vancouver such that they may be used by other municipalities, businesses, and the public without restriction.
- London Tech City $500m investment from Cisco
- Civil Maintenance Supervisor (Pakistan)
- Topselling Laptops on US & Canada Markets
- Windows 7 Home Premium, Internet Explorer 9 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Qatar – Contracts and Leasing Admin